Since the weather is getting warmer and warmer and spring is right around we like our food also more light. If we have the opportunity we also love to spend our money on fresh fruits and vegetables right from the market.
Asparagus is one of our favorite "spring-food" so today we take the chance to show you an amazing, quick but absolutely delicious recipe with it. We like to eat the Asparagus Sandwich for lunch or dinner when you are not that hungry but still want to give your body the energy it needs. So no more babbling, it's time to cook!
What you need:
- 3 stalks of green asparagus
- an egg
- slice of bread
- olive oil
- walnut oil
- vinegar (for the poached egg)
- Preheat the ove to 210 degrees Celsius. While the oven heats up, wash the asparagus and cut the ends.
- Put the asparagus on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let it roast for 10 minutes then turn them upside-down and leave them in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- While the asparagus is roasting, boil water and add 4 tbsp of any vinegar. Put the egg in and try to wrap the egg white around the egg yellow (didn't work with ours). Boil for 3 minutes the take it out and let it cool down a little bit
- 5 minutes before the asparagus is finished take the bread and also put it in the oven
- After everything is finished (when the asparagus has a good tan and looks crispy) take the bread and place the asparagus over it. The top the sandwich with the egg and drizzle it with some walnut oil and season. Enjoy!