Her all time favorite Risotto is with just tomatoes and ruccola and M was allowed to taste it and also loves it. It is very easy and takes only half an hour to make but tastes and looks as if it's made by some chef. So let's start cooking!
What you need:
- 1 cup risotto rice (we used 1/2 normal risotto rice, 1/2 sepia risotto rice)
- 1/2 onion
- olive oil
- dash of cognac
- about 1.5 litres chicken boullion
- grated Parmesan
- tomatoes (cut in quarters)
- sunflower seeds (for decoration)
1. Cut the onion in tiny cubes and sautée them in olive oil until they seem translucent. Then add the rice and also sweat them. Don't forget to stir! Deglaze the onion-rice mixture with a little bit of cognac when the rice looks glassy.
2. When the alcohol is cooked away dash the rice with some of the bouillon. Stir several time and add more bouillon when needed. Repeat this until the rice is soft and sticky.
3. Add the grated Parmesan to the rice and stir to really combine it. Add the tomatoes and again stir hard.
4. Serve the Tomato Risotto on a nice plate and put ruccola and the sunflower seeds on top. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and let us now how it tasted for you. Don't forget to have a Merry Attitude.
M & A